Please note: The time allocated to articles is 30 min in total, comprising 20 min for presentation and 10 min for Q&A. The time allocated to poster is 15 min in total, comprising 10 min for presentation and 5 min for Q&A.
Tuesday, 13 September 2022
10:00 - 11:00 Coffee and Registration
11:00 - 11:30 Introductory Remarks
Welcome to Izola
Introduction to GECON Conference Series
José Ángel Bañares, Jörn Altmann and Karim Djemame
Best Paper Announcement
11:30 - 12:30 Keynote 1
- The Curation, Interfacing and Analysis Lifecycle of Blockchain Applications. Ian Taylor, CTO of SIMBA Chain, USA
12:30 – 13:15 Session 1: Business models, Service discovery
- A Business Model for Multi-Tiered Decentralized Software Frameworks: The Case of ONTOCHAIN. Thanasis Papaioannou and George Stamoulis (full-paper)
- HOCC: An ontology for holistic description of cluster settings. Yannis Poulakis, Georgios Fatouros, George Kousiouris and Dimosthenis Kyriazis (short paper)
13:15 - 14:00 Lunch Break
14:00 – 15:00 Session 2: Business models, Service discovery
- Effect of Trust and Institutional Quality on Cloud Federation Formation Stability using Agent-Based Modeling Approach. Yodit Gebrealif and Jorn Altmann (short-paper)
- A Game-Theoretic Approach for pricing, determining virtual reality and cybersecurity investment in a dual-channel supply chain in the presence of webrooming behavior and return policy. Amir Mohammad Alaei, Morteza Rasti-Barzoki, Jörn Altmann and Bernhard Egger (short paper)
15:00 – 15:30 Coffee Break
15:30 – 16:30 Session 3: Poster Session
- Selective Data Migration between Locality Groups for NUMA Systems. Junsung Yook and Bernhard Egger.
- A Framework to Support Decision-making based on AI and Simulation of Large-scale Models. Unai Arronategui, José Ángel Bañares and José Manuel Colom.
- A Game-Theoretic Approach for Pricing and Degerming Quality Levels of Solution and Information Providers’ Products Under an Exogenous Information-sharing Program. Morteza Rasti-Barzoki, Jörn Altmann and Bernhard Egger.
- Desing and Implementation of a Compiler for Simulation of Large-scale Models. Tomas Pelayo, Unai Arronategui, José Ángel Bañares and José Manuel Colom.
18:00 Sunset watching by the Izola lighthouse
20:00 Social Event - Dinner - Restaurant Hotel Marina.
Wednesday, 14 September 2022
9:30 – 10:30 Keynote 2
- Blockchain Incentive-Based Security. Ittay Eyal , Technion, Technion and IC3, Israel
10:30 – 11:00 Coffee Break
11:00 – 12:30 Session 4: Serveless Computing, IoT, Edge, Resource management
- Semi-Automated Capacity Analysis of Limitation-Aware Microservices Architectures. Rafael Fresno-Aranda, Pablo Fernández, Amador Durán and Antonio Ruiz-Cortés (full-paper)
- Edge-to-Cloud Solutions for Self-Adaptive Machine Learning-based IoT Applications - A Cost Comparison. Marco Emilio Poleggi, Nabil Abdennadher, Francisco Mendonça and Raoul Dupuis (full-paper)
- Exploring blockchain-based management for LoRa IoT nodes. Eloi Cruz Harillo and Felix Freitag (short paper)
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch Break
13:30 – 15:00 Session 5: Serveless Computing, IoT, Edge, Resource management
- A Serverless Computing Platform for Software Defined Networks. Fatemeh Banaie and Karim Djemame (full-paper)
- Edge Computing Applications in Industrial IoT: A Systematic Literature Review. Alp Bayar, Umut Şener, Kerem Kayabay and P. Erhan Eren (short-paper)
- Black-Box Graph Partitioner for Generalized Deep Neural Network Parallelization. Jaume Mateu Cuadrat, Daon Park and Bernhard Egger (short-paper)
15:30 – 16:30 Session 6: Tutorial: Serveless Computing: State of the Art and Research Challenges by Karim Djemame (Leeds University)
17:00 Social Event
Thursday, 15 September 2021
9:30 – 10:30 Keynote 3
- Title: Infrastructure as Code: State of the Art and Practice, Challenges and Possible Solutions with Model-Driven Engineering. Elisabetta Di Nitto, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
10:30 – 12 00 Session 7: Workshop: WEGreen - SWForum and HUB4CLOUD Workshop on Engineering Green and Sustainable Software in the Computing Continuum. September 15th 2022. Program co-chairs (Elisabetta Di Nitto, Politecnico di Milano; Giovanni Rimassa, CIO, Martel Innovate; David Wallom, University of Oxford) (workshop link)
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch Break